Thursday 22 May 2014

Easy Breakfast Oats and Berries

Very quick post this evening as I have the very important task of watching season one of Game of Thrones before it disappears from On Demand but before I settle down I wanted to share a breakfast idea that I picked up quite recently. 

I tend to have the same repertoire for breakfast each day. A slice of toast or a crisp bread or two, a couple of boiled or poached eggs and a mug of tea. But, I am embracing a fruit filled life at the moment as I try to shed the pounds that I have gained during the winter months so, tonight, while I was packing up the leftovers from dinner to take for lunch tomorrow I prepared my breakfast for tomorrow - Easy Oats and Fruit. 

In a small bowl add: 
  • 35g of porridge oats
  • a layer of natural or flavoured yogurt
  • a layer of berries (fresh or frozen) 
Cover the bowl and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning, uncover, stir and get eating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment